Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi,

It has been less than two months since my wife died and I have been trying to figure out how/why my wife got a one in a million disease like Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. I keep running it over and over in my head. How could this happen? Why did it happen? Why would such a good person have this happen to them? Could I have somehow prevented it if I knew more?

Do other people go through this questioning? Am I wasting my time trying to figure it all out? If people do question these things do they eventually let go and just accept that it happened for no reason?

Sorry for all the questions but right now my life is all questions that seem to have no good answers. 

Views: 204

Replies to This Discussion

Denise, it’s been a few days over 4 months for me since my husband passed.  And your comments “I’m not the same person I was, I go through the motions every day, but I feel lost and empty” struck such a chord! There’s nothing more meaningless than life now, and my only hope is that it’s true that time heals and lessens the pain of this loss. But at 74, I don’t have a lot of time for it to happen. My best to you on your journey, my thoughts are with you...

Sorry for your loss, Mike.
At five months here and I'm doing the same thing. I have no idea when it stops. Maybe never. I have stopped the internet searches though. My mum is a nurse and her best advice was to stay clear of Google.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service