Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Bill died 4/14/18, I must have been on autopilot last year. Our anniversary  is today.  Its hitting me so hard today. I heard 2nd occurrence is bad but I still wasn't prepared.   This day was special for us and it feels like it means nothing now, no one even realizes it except me.  I crumbled. I have some old recordings of his voice.  That helps me.   Anyone else feel the same?

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Im new hear, yes Lost my wife of 39 years July 11th 2018, The holidays were bad, but our anniversary it all cam bubbling up like I never grieved, would have been our 40th May 7th, still recovering. Panic attacks depression crying inside and out, tough day, Pray your pain eases.

Richard

Thanks Richard, you too.

Hi, I am so sorry for what you are going through on your anniversary. I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I wanted you to know you're not alone and I appreciate your post. I lost my wife in December and our anniversary is in February, just like you I was still numb and dealing with everything and the Anniversary day didn't hit me any harder than every other day. Thanks to your post I will at least not be surprised this upcoming February if I have some issues and problems. The biggest thing I have gotten from everyone's posts is that there aren't any easy answers but there is some solace in knowing that our feelings are not unique and we are all going through the same emotional roller coasters each day. Hope today was better.

Thanks Dana775. Today was better.  It's all something we must adjust to. Take care. 

Hi Mrs Bear. I can relate to your feelings. I lost my husband of 26 years on Valentine’s Day 2018. He was the love of my life as I am sure Bill was yours. It has been 16 months for me and I still cry when I think of all the lovely times we had together. We were married in our fifties, so now I am nearly eighty and the years ahead seem bleak. The only thing I can tell you is to talk about him to your family and friends, as it seems to bring him closer to me. Grief is a terrible thing and only someone who has been through it can truly understand. You are lucky you have a recording of his voice, I would give anything to be able to hear Gil’s voice again. 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service