Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I lost my husband on May 3rd. It has been so hard. I still do not like to go out and stay at home a lot more than I used too. I am always tired and I guess that is the depression. I got some extra medication for the first couple of weeks but then my Dr. stopped it. I felt like I really need some valium or something. I felt like I was coming apart at the seams and couldnt eat or sleep. It is better than that now, but I still cry almost every day. This is so awful.

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

I don’t know how to post on this, so I’m doing as a comment. My husband died August 30th. We have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Each day is worse than the next. 

I am so sorry for your loss. My children are grown, they are hurting but at least they had time. 

Hi Tekwriter, I am so sorry for your loss.  My husband passed away July 17th after a brief (3 week) illness so I, too, am new to this "club". Our worlds have been turned upside down.  I am "only" 57...although I feel like I am 100 now.  I have no words of wisdom for you except to say you are not alone in this new world we find ourselves in.

JB

I understand, home is my comfort place. Some days are better than others, but some days it’s hard to get out of bed. I just keep thinking this will pass.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service