Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

After my partner's death, I can't afford the rent on my own. So I've been searching for a person or people to move in to the spare room... It's been so hard moving forward with that, packing a bunch of his stuff into the basement to deal with later. It's felt a bit like removing him form the house. Having new people here, I keep jerking awake feeling like something's wrong. Really not helping with the exhaustion. And I can't help but worry, what if the landlord raises rent past what I can afford, even sharing? Or what if it goes too long, and I can't find people to move in long-term? Will I have to leave the home my partner and I have shared for 7 years?

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

It is a scary time.  There are so many what ifs and things to worry about that you could never have planned for.  Try to take one day at a time.  The future is too broad and no one knows what it will hold.  If you just concentrate on the moment you are in, it will help with managing the fear.  Concentrate on the steps you need to take to be able to rent a room.  As you accomplish those steps, take the time to reflect on the fact that you did it.  Your goal right now is to rent a room.  Focus on that goal and do not worry about tomorrow.  

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service