A community of peers created by the Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation
Here's one of my favorite easy recipes -- requested by our friend @Naz for her Cooking Club:
Curried lamb, a complete meal
(Good for one adult and a few kids. So far, all kids tested LOVE it. Might depend on not putting in tons of curry?)
-- About 1 lb of ground lamb
-- curry powder
-- cooking oil any kind
-- salt, pepper
-- Jar of plain spaghetti sauce (I use a sugarless marinara from Barilla or Classico -- nothing fancy with cheese or meat or olives or anything)
-- bag of frozen spinach or peas
(Make a pot of rice to serve separately)
(Mango chutney if you like it. It's SUGAR right?)
1. Heat up a small amount of oil.
2. Brown the meat.
3. Drain off excess oil if you like (Spoon it into a can or soak up with paper towels. Fat should go in the trash, not down the sink!)
4. Add curry powder, salt and pepper.
5. When it's well blended, add the spaghetti sauce and put a lid on it. Turn the heat down.
6. A few minutes later toss in the spinach or peas.
It's ready once the vegetables are cooked through, or let it sit for a bit if your kids are stalling.
Serve with rice and chutney.