Not sure if it will help anyone but here are some quotes that I randomly came across while I grieve by searching the internet.
- "The pain of grief is just as much part of life as the joy of love: it is perhaps the price we pay for love, the cost of commitment. To ignore this fact, or to pretend that it is not so, is to put on emotional blinkers which leave us unprepared for the losses that will inevitably occur in our own lives and unprepared to help others cope with losses in theirs." - Dr. Colin Murray Parkes
- "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." - A. A. Milne
- “If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever.” - A.A. Milne
- "Some people care too much. I think it's called love." - A. A. Milne
- "Her absence is like the sky, spread over everything." - C. S. Lewis
- "I look up at the night sky. Is there anything more certain than that in all those vast times and spaces, if I were allowed to search them, I should nowhere find her face, her voice, her touch?" - C. S. Lewis
The source for this quote will probably surprise you, it surprised me:
- "I love life. Well yeah I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something can make me feel sad. It's like, it makes me feel alive, you know? It makes me feel human. The only way I can feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness." - Butters in "South Park"