We have over 60 Regional Social Groups across North America - and one in Ireland, too! You can see if there is one near you by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make connections with other members who live near me?
- How do I make connections with other members who share a similar story?
- Where can I share my story?
- Do you have Zoom sessions available for members?
- Is it safe for me to share things on this site?
- How do I remove myself from getting more Widowed Pen Pal matches?
- How do I get into the Widowed Pen Pal Program if I didn’t choose to do that when I first joined?
- How do I edit my profile page if I move or change my email or want to change my profile name?
- Can I add a photo to my profile?
The HOME page on the private side of our site offers buttons to find those with a Similar Death Experience, Similar Age, Similar Time Widowed and Similar Challenges.
Our We Have a Widowed Person for That page offers over 70 different categories to choose from.
Our Groups page offers connections based on the decade you were born and year you were widowed.
A great place to start is by clicking the Introduce Yourself button that you'll see on the right side of the page. And then share your widowed experience and questions in our Groups, Discussions and We Have a Widowed Person for That pages.
Yes, we are offering weekly Zoom sessions for our members on Tuesdays for our Newly Widowed members in their first year of loss. You'll find a link to connect to these Zoom sessions under the "meetings" tab.
Yes, all member profiles, posts and comments are on the private side of this web site, not searchable by Google.
Click on Update Profile which will open up the private page with your responses to the application questions. Scroll to the Pen Pal question and change your response to NO. Then scroll to the bottom and click on the UPDATE button.
Click on Update Profile which will open up the private page showing your responses to our application questions. Scroll down to the Pen Pal question and change your response to YES. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the UPDATE button.
*Please do not fill out a new application to join widowed village to select a pen pal. Please send an email to [email protected] for further questions.
Click on Update Profile which will open up your responses to the application questions. You can update your responses and change your email and password on this page. Just be sure to scroll to the bottom and click the UPDATE button to make those changes.
Yes! Click on your name that you'll see in the upper right corner of the page, then click Profile Photo to add or change your profile picture.